22-year-old dies of drug overdose
A 22-year-old youth died of drug overdose at the Distillery Grounds near Keshav Memorial School at Narayanaguda on Friday.The incident came to light when area residents found Sangadhar's body near the ground with froth oozing from his mouth. They alerted police who shifted the body to the Osmania General Hospital (OGH) mortuary for an autopsy.
P Sangadhar, son of Laxminarayana, was working at a health clinic at Balanagar after he completed his SSC.
"We suspect that Sangadhar might have died after taking a heavy dose of drugs. But, the type of drug he used can be found out only from the postmortem report," Narayanaguda inspector T Chandrasekhar Reddy said. He said that some tablets and injections were also found at the spot.
Sangadhar was addicted to drugs since three years. He was put on a rehabilitation programme for the last six months at New Life India Trust in Marredpally, but he did not give up drugs, following which he developed fits, police said.
Police inquiries revealed that Sangadhar used to take both tablets and injections. Earlier, he injected his veins but a few days ago, he began taking shots on his chest. This probably affected his brain leading to his death.
Police handed over Sangadhar's body to his relatives after conducting an autopsy at OGH mortuary.